As we await a speech from Egypt's President Hosni Mubarak regarding his willingness to step down, here's a profile of the man who ran that country for nearly 30 years. Mubarak is another in a long list of leaders whom the United States embraces out of convenience only to later have to deal with the consequences of that decision.
Watch the video. While it has a serious translator, the captioned translation is pretty funny...
1. Hosni Mubarak biography. [Jewish Virtual Library]
2. Egypt's Mubarak: From Poverty to the Presidency. [AOL News]
3. Hosni Mubarak: 5 Facts on Egypt's Longest-Serving President. [AOL News]
4. Hosni Mubarak's Human-Rights Horrors. [The Daily Beast]
5. Is Mubarak out? Is Suleiman in? Is this a military coup? [The Christian Science Monitor]