NOTE: Starting with this post, weekend versions of the AM Brief have been expanded to include six links from the previous four. As with the weekday version, five of the stories that appear are derived from the Newspapers appearing in our Daily Headlines feature.
1. Bush's Swiss visit off after complaints on torture. [Reuters]
2. Kentucky House bill would try to keep guns from mentally ill. [Lexington Herald-Leader]
3. Mets 'ignored' Madoff fraud: suit. [New York Post]
4. Matamoros hospital attacked by grenades. [The Brownsville Herald]
5. Sea lion predation blamed for rapid decline in number of sturgeon in Columbia River. [Idaho Press-Tribune from AP]
6. Ronald Reagan revisited. [Bangor Daily News]
JOHANNA BLAKLEY: Social Media and the End of Gender