The December Tax Compromise failed to resolve one issue related to Unemployment Compensation - the 99ers. The 99ers are those individuals whose period of unemployment has exceeded the compensation period of 99 weeks. It will be interesting to see how congress eventually deals with this issue.
Here's more information on the topic. Please comment. I would be really interested in what Americans feel about this group of citizens...
1. 99ers defined. [Wikipedia]
2. Help The 99ers: Connecting those who can help with those who need it most! [HelpThe99ers]
3. Take action for the 99ers. [American 99ers Union]
4. Tier 5 - 99er Blog. [Jobless Unite]
5. 99ers in the U.S.S.A. - Demand Tier 5 Unemployment Extension. [RantRave]
6. Unemployment extension for 99ers: 99ers grow as does risk factor for suicide. [Examiner]
7. A holiday miracle for 99ers? [Richmond Times-Dispatch]
8. Robert Gibbs: 99ers will be saved by jobs, not Unemployment Benefits. [The Huffington Post]