John Boehner assumed the position of Speaker of the House of Representatives today, putting him second in the line of Presidential succession. The Bukowski Report congratulates the Congressman from Ohio and wishes him the best in his new endeavor. We would also caution the new Speaker that TBR will be watching and will make critical posts when they are deserving.
Here's more on Speaker Boehner...
1. Biography. [House.gov]
2. Nancy Pelosi turns over gavel to John Boehner. [Forbes]
3. John Boehner takes over as House speaker, promises GOP-controlled chamber will be 'honest, accountable and more responsive'. [Los Angeles Times]
4. Speaker John Boehner and his very Large Family. [NPR]
5. Boehner the Populist. [National Journal]
6. Boehner's first order of business: Decrease his power. [Newser]