I don't know what it is about Jim Morrison, but whenever I hear his name I have to smile. Not that I condone the type of life he led although I have to admit it must have been interesting to do everything you wanted, consequences be damned.
It was that attitude that Jim brought to the stage in Coconut Grove, Florida on the night of March 1, 1969. In retrospect you know that had devised a plan to push the limits of what was acceptable, but did he actual expose himself or was it just his finger, as some suggest. Whatever it was, he was laughing his ass off on how he managed to fool everyone.
Outgoing Governor of the State of Florida, Charlie Crist, put an end to the legal question by pardoning Jim. While some of his fans may be happy, I have a feeling that wherever he is, Jim's pissed off that a part of his bad-ass legend has been expunged.
1. Jim Morrison biography. [Encyclopedia of World Biography]
2. Flashback: The Doors' Jim Morrison stage antics, arrest, trial. [The Miami Herald]
3. There was more than one witness to the incident it happened in a flash. [The Miami Herald]
4. Riding out the storm. [The Washington Post]
5. Doors legend Jim Morrison pardoned for 'the flash that never was'. [Daily Mail - UK]
6. "Touch Me": A pardoning playlist for Jim Morrison & Charlie Crist. [The Huffington Post]