This morning, President Barack Obama signed into law the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell. Gay and lesbians will now be free to serve in the military without fear of being discharged if their sexual preferences became known.
Here's more on the signing and what it means to the military and America:
1. Obama signs repeal of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell,' lauds Gays' Service to Country. [AOL News on Politics Daily]
2. Fighting the good fight. [The Day]
3. Headlines aside, 'don't ask, don't tell' stays in place. [CNN]
4. 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell,' McCain, and the Drama of the Lame Duck. [US News & World Report]
5. Mitch McConnell's failed bid to kill DADT repeal. [PostPartisan on The Washington Post]
6. Post-DADT repeal, will Ivy League and Military make up? [The Atlantic Wire]