The 84th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Parade will start shortly on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. As a native New Yorker, I had the pleasure of seeing the parade on many occasions, and so I encourage you to see it at least once in your life. Make sure you go a day early so that you can catch the inflation of the balloons. With its infamous balloons, floats, marching bands, clowns and Santa Claus, the parade serves as the unofficial beginning of the holiday season.
1. Parade History. [Macys.com]
2. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2010 a holiday tradition. [The Christian Science Monitor]
3. Panda, Spidey: Thanksgiving Parade balloon inflation 2010! (Photos). [Gothamist]
4. Macy's Parade takes shape. [The Epoch Times]
5. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2010 comes to life as workers inflate balloons on Upper West Side. [New York Daily News]
6. Kanye West, Kung Fu Panda to star at NYC Parade. [NPR from AP]