Bed bugs were pretty much gone since the fifties, but now they're back. Since I no longer reside in New York City, the number 1 city for infestation, I am somewhat relieved. The statistical graphic provides insight into the issue through the eyes of New Yorkers. It is worthy to note that I am note completely out of the woods, since I will be traveling to Philadelphia (the number 2 city) within the next month.
I hope that the following information gets you up to speed on the little critters so that you can rest easy - and as your mom said, "don't let the bed bugs bite."
1. Bed Bugs ~ Cimex lectularius (Cimicidae): Biology and management. [Harvard School of Public Health]
2. Bedbugs. [MayoClinic.com]
3. Beware U.S. bed-bug hotspots. [The Spec from Los Angeles Daily News]
4. A few fast facts about bedbugs. [Philadelphia Daily News]
5. Bedbugs bite their way across the country. [CBS News]
6. Bedbugs are back, but why and where? [My FOX Houston]
7. Can dogs save us from bedbug scourge? [The Wall Street Journal]
8. The big business of battling bed bugs. [ABC News]
9. Don't let the bedbugs bite you. [CBS News]
10. Times Square's AMC Empire 25 theater reopens after bedbugs battle; Infestation now hits Elle mag. [New York Daily News]
11. Bedbug misery spreads to Empire State Building. [AOL News]
12. An open letter to irrational humans from frustrated bedbugs. [The Huffington Post]