In the end, King James decided to be the court jester to Dwyane Wade, rather than be the master of his own domain. It's fitting that LeBron opted to play in Miami, the town that brought us Dan Marino. Both Dan and LeBron have one common characteristic - lots of personal achievements but not good enough to take a team on their back and carry them to a championship.
LeBron, you could have been THE CAVALIER, THE BULL, THE KNICK, THE NET, THE CLIPPER, but you won't be THE HEAT. That title belongs to D WADE.
1. Miami lands 'King' James; LeBron jets to MIA for Friday celebration. [Miami Herald]
2. Cleveland-Akron fans saddened, sickened and angry at LeBron James' decision to leave Cavaliers. [Plain Dealer]
3. Why James, Wade and Bosh are big news. [Sun Sentinel]
4. Le Fraud: LeBron James may deserve a new nickname after spurning New York Knicks, NYC. [New York Daily News]
5. Cavaliers owner lambastes LeBron in letter. [Sun-Sentinel]
6. Say hello to the Miami Hated, the most watched team in the NBA. [Palm Beach Post]
7. South Florida just became the mecca of basketball. [Miami Herald]
8. James show satisfies no one. [Chicago Tribune]
9. LeBron James looks neither royal nor loyal. [Los Angeles Times]
10. No courage to play in toughest city. [New York Post]
11. Fans react to LeBron's decision to leave Cleveland (Photo Gallery). [The Plain Dealer]
12. Pat Riley will return to bench to coach Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh, NBA sources say. [New York Daily News]