After 25 years on the same network (CNN) and the same time slot (9:00 PM), Larry King has announced that he will be leaving the show. Here's a look at him, the show and his possible replacement. On their website, MTV. is running a spoof that has King going to Hollywood to pursue a movie career, which is the source for the posters (as always, click on images for larger view).
To announce his leaving, King posted the following on Twitter:
It's time to hang up my nightly suspenders.
From one Brooklyn kid to another: Good Luck Larry!!!
1. Larry King announces the end of Larry King Live. [The Huffington Post]
2. Timing is everything: Larry King abdicates. [The Washington Post]
3. Reaction to the end of 'Larry King Live': almost entirely gracious. [Los Angles Times]
4. Remembering Larry King - radio titan. [Time]
5. Larry King's top five TV moments. [Peace FM]
6. What Happens to CNN after Larry King hangs up his crown? [Newsweek]
7. Larry King's next move. [New York Post]
8. Larry King's plans: Bagel store, pitchman? [The Huffington Post]
9. Larry King resigns: What's in store for 9 p.m.? [Time]
10. Larry King's heir apparent: CNN is mum on who will succeed at yakker. [Variety]
11. Speculation begins: Will Ryan Seacrest replace Larry King? [Edmonton Journal]
12. Larry King backs Ryan Seacrest for his job. [The Press Association - UK]