As plans continue for a Mosque in lower Manhattan, near Ground Zero, Sarah Palin has now entered the debate. Not sure why she feels she has a right to comment on the events in a city thousands of miles away from her home when she can't even offer correct information regarding Alaska, although she served as governor of the state (for a laughable two years).
I am not sure exactly where I stand on the issue, but I think that I would have to side with the constitutional right to freedom of religion. Too many of our freedoms were taken away to fight terrorism and I think it's time we went back to honoring our constitution. What would be fitting is for other houses of worship to be constructed near the site for those faiths not already represented in the area.
1. A mosque at ground zero?. [The Boston Globe]
2. NYC board OKs ground zero mosque. [The Jerusalem Post from AP]
3. Islamophobia and the Muslim center at Ground Zero. [CNN]
4. Is a giant mosque at Ground Zero justified?. [The Jerusalem Post]
5. More than half of New York voters oppose Ground Zero mosque plan. [New York Daily News]
6. Manhattanites support Mosque near Ground Zero, poll finds. [DNA Info]
7. The truth about the 'mosque': The leader of proposed Muslim center near Ground Zero defends his plan. [New York Daily News]
8. Viewers weigh in on Ground Zero Mosque. [CNN]
9. Islam Experts: Ground Zero 'Mega Mosque' is political statement. [The Christian Post]
10. Mosque hysteria: All houses of worship are welcome everywhere in New York. [New York Daily News]
11. Sarah Palin 'refudiates' Ground Zero Mosque. [ABC News]
12. NBC, CBS refuse ground zero mosque ad. [Politico]