After hearing of the FAA approval of the Terrafugia Transition flying car, I couldn't help but think back to the Jetsons and the dream of flying cars. Contrary to what most may think - that the flying car was to have appeared decades ago - we are ahead of schedule since the Jetsons were set in the year 2062.
Here's some info on the Transition and some other flying cars that are being developed. Items 1-4 - information concerning the Terrafugia Transition - came from the Terrafugia website.
1. About the manufacturer, Terrafugia.
2. About the Terrafugia Transition.
3. Transition Specs PDF.
4. Transition FAQs.
5. 'Flying Car' gets big break from FAA. [CBS News]
6. Where's my jetpack? [The Engineer]
7. Stuck in traffic? Turn your car into a plane in 30 seconds. [The Times of India]
8. Can we have sustainable flying cars? [Christian Science Monitor]
9. Skycar [Moller.com]
10. AirCar [Milner.com]
11. X-Hawk [UrbanAero.com]
12. PAL-V One. [Pal-V.com]