While some of the pundits seem to think that Anthony Weiner's outburst last night was due to "Democratic Impotence" (see below), I found it refreshing, especially when it came at the expense of Pete King (doesn't he remind you of Dan Aykroyd in "Tommy Boy"). King typically talks out of the side of his mouth (and from other body parts as well) so I am proud of Weiner taking him to task for not bringing the votes to pass a bill that he (King) had co-sponsored.
Weiner later said "it was the Brooklyn in him coming out". I know what that's about congressman. Keep up the good work and feel free to take on any of the other slackers that stand in the way of progress.
1. Anthony Weiner lashes out at GOP in fiery floor speech. [The Hill]
2. 9/11 responder aid package fails in House. [The Huffington Post from AP]
3. NY Representatives bicker over 9/11 responder bill's defeat. [MSNBC from AP]
4. Anthony Weiner erupts at Republicans: 'It is a shame!'. [Guardian]
5. Anthony Weiner's rant captures Democratic impotence. [The Washington Post]
6. Representative Peter King rips Democrats over 9/11 compensation act, calls part immoral cowards. [New York Daily News]
7. Anthony Weiner rant reveals why nobody likes Congress. [The Christian Science Monitor]
8. My kind of Democrat. [Talking Points Memo]
9. Let's not get too excited about Anthony Weiner. [Salon]
10. The Weiner floor speech prequel. [Politico]
11. Anthony Weiner, Congressman New York's Ninth District. [Official House Website]
12. Pete King, Congressman New York's Third District. [Official House Website]