Day 71. A troublesome storm threatens to enter the Gulf of Mexico. If it does, BP will stop cleanup operations for up to two weeks. They will also have to remove the cap.
1. BP discussing a backup strategy to contain oil. [The New York Times]
2. Despite BP corporate code, firm has made political contributions. [The Washington Post]
3. 5 Lessons From the Oil Spill, courtesy of TED*. [The Atlantic]
4. Bill Clinton: We just might have to blow up this leaking oil well (Text & Video). [Talking Points Memo]
5. With BP oil spill reaching Mississippi shore, Governor Haley Barbour pleads for supplies. [ABC News]
6. The Obama administration battles the courts while BP battles the slick. [The Economist]
7. Russia feeds speculation over BP CEO future. [Reuters]
8. BP loses trading-floor swagger in energy markets. [The New York Times]
9. Seeking God’s help for a wounded Gulf. [The New York Times]
10. World's only full-scale oil spill test tank springs a leak. [Mother Jones]
* TED is a small nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. For more, visit the TED website.