Tonight we witness the end of the National Basketball Association season, with Game 7 of the Championship Finals. As exciting as that would be on its own, we also get to witness what is probably the biggest rivalry know to sports, the Boston Celtics versus the Los Angeles Lakers. Some may argue that the distinction belongs to the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox, but those teams can never meet in the World Series. Those who think they know me would probably be surprised that I'll be rooting for the Celtics tonight. Sorry Jack.
Here's a little background on the game, the teams and the history.
GO CELTICS! BEAT L.A.!!!
1. History on line for Lakers and Celtics. (New York Post)
2. Once and for all, it's Lakers and Celtics in Game 7 of the NBA Finals. (Los Angeles Daily News)
3. Shaken Celtics fans struggle to Perk up. (Boston Herald)
4. Game 7 familiar to franchises, but not players. (The New York Times)
5. Lakers-Celtics. Game 7. Enough said. (Los Angeles Times)
6. For Celtics' core, call tonight the last hurrah. (The Boston Globe)
7. It's do-or-die time for the Lakers. (Los Angeles Times)
8. On season’s biggest night, bigs will be key. (The Boston Globe)
9. Jackson reaches a Finals frontier. (The Boston Globe)
10. He missed a shot at changing NBA history. (Los Angeles Times)
11. Finale something new for these Lakers. (The Boston Globe)
12. Bummer of '69 was before their time. (Los Angeles Times)